Friday, May 21, 2010

What to do?

What to do when your mind tells you to do one thing and your heart tells you to do another? This is the most confusing and the most difficult thing you can face. The heart is supposed to be your guide for love, but for some reason it always steers you in the wrong direction. Then your mind is the most sensible part in this equation, but you tend not to listen to it at all!!! So what do you think you are suppose to do. I would usually have the answer for this and everything else, but this just leaves me stumped and perplexed. Lately predicaments beyond my control have left me in such an emotional stupor that I don't know what I am supposed to do......listen to the heart or the mind? Thinking that my life was in this perpetual bliss and I had nothing to worry about....boy was i so wrong! Everything that I had or have gave me such an artificial safety net, that it has turned me upside down and back around. The confusion that I am facing daily makes my head hurt and my butt itch at the same time....don't know what end to console. Don't really have no one to turn to or confide in, because I am usually the counselor everyone comes to with their bullshit problems and mishaps. No one bothers to ask whats going on in my life that got me so down in the dumps. I guess that is expected when you put up a portrayal of the one who has it all together. I give myself a false sense of a fantasy reality. I guess this blogs intention is just to vent and to let myself know that I can feel again, and I will be all right. To see it written down is like my cheap form of therapy. It's a temporary fix, but I know I am strong enough to hold my own and will be able to know how to find the difference between my heart and my mind.........teaching me to know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sis, i really needed this. I have been going thru similar heart/head confusion... and your right. sometimes writing it down is self therapy! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete